Trident General Store, a brand known for their Southern California beach t-shirts with an undeniably East Coast aesthetic, is one of my favorite under-the-radar companies. A lot of us out in L.A. are transplants from the East or Midwest, and to be frank, it's easy to get frustrated looking for a simple SoCal beach t-shirt that isn't, well, totally cheesy. Thank goodness Trident General Store hit the scene a few years ago with their finely-tuned yet simple supply of t-shirts and hats (and one pretty fancy diamond necklace) that reminds me of an oversand vehicle permit sticker on an old Jeep on the shores of Nantucket.
One of the three partners, Jill Burnham, told me she has plans to expand up and down the coast of California with more beach tees, and wouldn't you know it, they're going to Nantucket too where I'm sure they'll be welcomed with open arms.
To enter the hat giveaway: Tell us what your favorite beach is in the comment section below. I will announce the eight winners Tuesday evening. Good luck!
Congratulations to the eight winners, chosen at random:
1. Catherine who said Crystal Cove.
2. Danielle19 who said the beaches of Nantucket.
3. SBGirl who said RAT!
4. Karen who said Pfeiffer Beach in Big Sur (one of my favorites too!).
5. Korey who said El Matador.
6. StefanieVPB who said Anna Marie Island, FL.
7. Allie who said Goleta Beach.
8. MamaValveeta03 who said Pitch Plains in Montauk.
Please email me: lizziegarrett(at)gmail(dot)com with your shipping address and I'll send you your hat!